Strengthening communities in:
Rosebud County • Custer County • Fallon County
The Community Investment Program (CIP) was established at the Montana Community Foundation (MCF) by Grid United.
Who Does the Program Support?
CIP supports communities in Rosebud, Custer, and Fallon County, where Grid United’s North Plains Connector, a transmission line connecting U.S. eastern and western electric grids in Montana and North Dakota, will be located.
About the Program:
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or government entity, such as a local government, tribal government, or school district. Non-501(c)(3) nonprofits may be eligible, please contact MCF to discuss eligibility. Applicants do not need to be based in Rosebud, Custer, or Fallon County, however, grants must be used for projects benefiting communities in these counties.
Grants will be up to $50,000. For funding needs greater than $50,000, please contact MCF.
CIP will grant to projects that:
- Have a broad impact on the quality of life in Rosebud, Custer, or Fallon County.
- Propose ways to address community issues and problems.
- Leverage other sources of support.
- Encourage others to get involved in addressing community needs.
- Are creative in their approach to solving problems or capturing opportunities.
- Are responsive to changing and emerging needs.
- Support innovative approaches to economic and community development.
Contact Taylor Crowl at (406) 603-4913 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Montana Community Foundation Website