Kevin Krausz – EMAIL
Miles City Area Solid Waste District Board
Current members of the Solid Waste Board are:
- Commissioner Kevin Krausz (Chairman) non-voting member
- Miles City Council Representative: Butch Grenz
- Solid Waste Board: Clancee Collins, Amber Trenka, Mark Paulson, Thomas Moore. We have one opening for a Board member.
- City/County Health Board Representative: Jody Menyhart
The Board meetings are held quarterly on the third Wednesday of months, January, April, July and October. If you would like to attend or be on the agenda contact the Board chair at 874-3351.
Miles City Area Solid Waste District
The district is comprised of the voting precincts #1, #3, and #63 in Custer County. All residential and Business units in the district is taxes an assessment on their property taxes. With this assessment residents can dump their household garbage without a fee charge.
View the Miles City Area Solid Waste District landfill map
All others are Out of District and are subject to Out of District Assessments.
Neither the Miles City Area Solid Waste District or Dispose All, LLC transports Miles City area’s refuse. Miles City Sanitation provides this service.
Miles City Area Solid Waste District Landfill Board contracts with DISPOSE ALL, LLC. to manage the Landfill.
We are a Class II Solid Waste Landfill serving a site for the public to dispose of their waste.
Pay Your Bill
Pay your bill using our secure payment portal.
Summer (April 1 thru October 31)
8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday thru Saturday
Winter (November 1 thru March 31)
8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Saturday
The Landfill is Closed the following Holidays:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day (observed)
- 4th of July
- Labor Day (observed)
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
All IN-DISTRICT users that use the Landfill are required to have a Hang Tag. If you need a hang tag please bring a tax statement and get signed up.
No Disposal Charges for:
- Household Garbage. All Trash coming from your Kitchen or Bathroom (this is what our taxes pay for)
- Yard Waste. Clean lawn Clippings, Yard trimmings and leaves: (no garbage allowed) please remove leaves from bags.
- Batteries. All batteries separated out to recycle.
- Metal. All metals, tin, iron and aluminum separated into the recycle piles:
- Freon units. House size refrigerators and freezers (please remove all food items)
Landfill charges: Includes but not limited to the following items:
Demolition Fees: In-District $0.025 per pound, OUT of District Household and Demolition is $0.05 per pound.
Wild Game …………….$ 2.00
Baby Animal …………..$ 1/2 price
Semi Truck …………..$ 9.00
Tire Only Loads……$0.15 per pound
Tires still on a rim, add $10.00 for each tire.
To help conserve your pit space we ask that All Tires, Refrigerators, Batteries, Air Conditioners, Cardboard, Compost & Recyclables be sorted into their designated areas.
Wastes not Accepted
- Material Containing PCB’s
- Liquids (household quantities accepted)
- Paint in Liquid Form
- Dredge Soils
- Contaminated Soil
- Sludge/Septic Pumpings
- Fly Ash
- Hazardous Wastes: Characteristic waste- (one or more of the following)
- TCLP toxic
- Conditional Waste
Asbestos – In district – $0.04 per pound, Out of District – $0.08 per pound
Entrails– Per State & Federal Guidelines
Paint– Must be Solidified.
Please Call for Information about the disposal of these items.